Amid a renewed domestic interest in Buddhism, sacred Chinese Buddhist sites have in recent years...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 30, 2013
In its quest to quell public anger over a range of issues, the Xi Jinping administration may be...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 1, 2011
In the New York Review of Books, Ian Johnson looks at the debate over morality in China following the death of toddler Yue Yue on Foshan, and whether Daoism may be one option to fill the spiritual void in Chinese society: The...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”