On Friday, April 27, Premier Li Keqiang delivered a speech to a State Council meeting on clean...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 14, 2018
The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 5, 2013
China’s Ministry of Environmental Protection a new report on Tuesday, revealing that almost 60% of the groundwater it tested last year rated as ‘poor’ or ‘very poor’, and that nearly 60% of the...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 16, 2013
Relief efforts continue in Yunnan, where a remote village was decimated by a landslide last Friday. 46 people died, including 19 children. China Daily reported that 29 of the victims were from a single clan, now reduced to just...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods