The Supreme People’s Procuratorate, China’s top prosecutor, over the weekend decided...
Supreme People’s Procuratorate
by Samuel Wade | Sep 10, 2013
China’s Supreme People’s Court and Supreme People’s Procuratorate issued a new...
by Paulina Hartono | May 16, 2009
Hear three songs, “The Song of the People’s Judges,” “The Song of the People’s Procurators,” and “The Song of the People’s Police.” The Song of the People’s...
by Liu Yong | Sep 30, 2005
From China Daily, via Xinhua: In its latest roadmap for reforms in the next three years, the Supreme People’s Procuratorate expressed an intention to make local people’s procuratorates financially independent of their equivalent-level governments. It has been proposed that the expenses of local procuratorates be guaranteed by State finances, and included in central and provincial […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods