The Supreme People’s Procuratorate, China’s top prosecutor, over the weekend decided...
Supreme People’s Procuratorate
by Samuel Wade | Sep 10, 2013
China’s Supreme People’s Court and Supreme People’s Procuratorate issued a new...
by Paulina Hartono | May 16, 2009
Hear three songs, “The Song of the People’s Judges,” “The Song of the People’s Procurators,” and “The Song of the People’s Police.” The Song of the People’s...
by Liu Yong | Sep 30, 2005
From China Daily, via Xinhua: In its latest roadmap for reforms in the next three years, the Supreme People’s Procuratorate expressed an intention to make local people’s procuratorates financially independent of their equivalent-level governments. It has been proposed that the expenses of local procuratorates be guaranteed by State finances, and included in central and provincial […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China