Taiwanese activist Lee Ming-che went missing on March 19th while entering China from Macau....
by Samuel Wade | Nov 6, 2011
Chinese authorities last week ordered Ai Weiwei to pay 15 million RMB in back taxes on behalf of Beijing Fake Cultural Development Ltd., claiming that while his wife is the company’s registered legal representative, he is...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 2, 2011
The Venice Film Festival’s classification of a Taiwanese film as a joint production with China has met with indignant opposition from the filmmakers, with backing from authorities in Taipei. From The Guardian: A protest...
by Michael Zhao | Oct 29, 2006
After a while of political clamoring in Taiwan, here comes some really sad news, a human Great Wall against AIDS/HIV communities: In a three-storey house in a quiet neighbourhood in southern Taipei, toddlers play with toys while the adults chat, rest or watch TV. Children are among those sheltered at Harmony Home. They have lived […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods