Taiwanese activist Lee Ming-che went missing on March 19th while entering China from Macau....
by Samuel Wade | Nov 6, 2011
Chinese authorities last week ordered Ai Weiwei to pay 15 million RMB in back taxes on behalf of Beijing Fake Cultural Development Ltd., claiming that while his wife is the company’s registered legal representative, he is...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 2, 2011
The Venice Film Festival’s classification of a Taiwanese film as a joint production with China has met with indignant opposition from the filmmakers, with backing from authorities in Taipei. From The Guardian: A protest...
by Michael Zhao | Oct 29, 2006
After a while of political clamoring in Taiwan, here comes some really sad news, a human Great Wall against AIDS/HIV communities: In a three-storey house in a quiet neighbourhood in southern Taipei, toddlers play with toys while the adults chat, rest or watch TV. Children are among those sheltered at Harmony Home. They have lived […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions