On September 14, imprisoned human rights defender Chang Weiping was able to meet with his defense lawyer at a detention center in Baoji city, Shaanxi, for the first time since he was detained and placed in “residential...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 9, 2014
Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have called for an official investigation into four...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 9, 2011
Activist Chen Guangcheng and his family remain under house arrest in southern Shandong province, and a stream of supporters continue efforts to gain access to them. As Chen’s birthday (this Saturday, November 12th)...
by 布鸣真象 | May 11, 2010
From AFP: Tang Jitian has had to move several times after authorities pressured his landlords. He hardly ever sees his wife and daughter. And he has now lost his livelihood for defending the Falungong. The 41-year-old is one of...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods