From The Australian: Two months after being banned in China as lewd and unpatriotic following her critically acclaimed role in Lust, Caution, Tang Wei has yet to work again. Activists and people in the film industry are now...
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 10, 2008
A few days ago in several online forums, an urgent phone notice issued by the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television surfaced which addresses the censoring of coverage of Tang Wei, a Chinese actress starring in Ang...
by Sophia Cao | Jan 12, 2008
In December 2007, Asia Society interviewed Ang Lee and Tang Wei, the famous director and lead actress, respectively, of the erotic espionage thriller “Lust, Caution” which won Best Film at the Chinese-language Golden Horse Awards as well as the Venice Film Festival. [Click to see] – Read also previous news The Most Misread Person of […]
by Sophia Cao | Jul 12, 2006
From Shenzhen Daily via Xinhua News Agency: Taiwanese director Ann Lee has finally decided to cast mainland actress Tang WeiÔºàÊ±§ÂîØÔºâ as the female lead, Wang Jiazhi, in his new film “Lust, Caution,ÔºàËâ≤ÊàíÔºâ” according to Tuesday’s Shenzhen Special Zone Daily. “Lust, Caution” marks Lee’s return to Chinese-language films after several English-language productions including “The Hulk” and […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods