The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 12, 2018
The following propaganda instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Scott Greene | Oct 24, 2011
In Forbes, Baizhu Chen of USC’s Marshall School of Business questions the logic of Americans insisting on paying higher prices for Chinese goods: The argument is that this is good for the U.S. economy because cheap Chinese...
by Liu Yong | Apr 15, 2008
From AFP: China on Monday sought to persuade the World Trade Organisation to let it keep higher tariffs on industrial goods in any global trade deal, sparking fierce opposition from developed countries. China, which joined the...
by Morgan Figuers | Aug 29, 2007
Europe will decide whether or not to lift the tariff on Chinese light bulbs, deciding to meet the demand for more energy-saving bulbs at the cost of European manufacturing jobs. From the International Herald Tribune: European plans to lift tariffs on energy-saving light bulbs from China were put off for a year Wednesday as fears […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods