CDT has recently acquired and verified a collection of propaganda directives issued by central Party authorities to state media at the beginning of this year. These directives were issued on an almost daily basis in early 2020,...
Jul 23, 2015
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
Mar 27, 2015
An International Monetary Fund (IMF) working paper on fiscal policy and income inequality in China...
Nov 15, 2011
Loans and donations to help Ai Weiwei pay an allegedly outstanding tax bill have passed the amount initially required, but his situation remains far from resolved. Ai has already begun to repay his supporters after a fashion,...
Jun 19, 2007
From Financial Times: China’s new Enterprise Income Tax law , passed by the National People’s Congress on March 8, should have surprised no one. Beijing had long telegraphed its intention to unify the disparate tax rates paid by foreign-invested and domestic companies, with the former paying as little as 15 per cent and Chinese enterprises […]
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos