In his latest cartoon for CDT, Badiucao comments on the treatment of tennis star Li Na, who...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 7, 2011
On his New Yorker blog, Evan Osnos writes about tennis star Li Na, who just became the first Asian to win a singles grand slam at the French Open, and her unconventional relationship with the official Chinese sports industry: Li...
by Liu Yong | Jul 3, 2008
From Wall Street Journal: Five weeks before the Olympic Games kick off in Beijing, China already has a new sports hero: tennis star Zheng Jie. Ms. Zheng, dubbed the “golden flower” by China’s media, is set to...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China