New Scientist’s Jacob Aron reports that China’s Jade Rabbit moon rover has been...
by Wu Nan | Mar 18, 2007
From AFP: …The company, Lunar Embassy to China, had sold a total of 49 acres (20 hectares) to 34 customers before authorities acted, Xinhua news agency said… In 2005 the company had its business licence revoked and was fined 50,000 yuan (6,450 dollars) by commerce authorities. It sued but the court ruled against the firm… […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”