Following a directive on Tuesday banning Chinese journalists from traveling to the site of Monday...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 2, 2015
by Samuel Wade | Jan 7, 2011
At China Dialogue, Jiang Gaoming examines the role of human activity in last year’s deadly Zhouqu mudslide: Zhouqu county, in China’s north-western province of Gansu, was once known for its forests, rich water resources,...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 30, 2010
ABC News (Australia) interviews Guardian correspondent Jonathan Watts on his new book, When a Billion Chinese Jump, which explores the relationship between China’s economic growth and its massive ecological...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 20, 2010
A satellite image shows high water levels in the Three Gorges Dam, by Digital Globe
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China