Following a directive on Tuesday banning Chinese journalists from traveling to the site of Monday...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 2, 2015
by Samuel Wade | Jan 7, 2011
At China Dialogue, Jiang Gaoming examines the role of human activity in last year’s deadly Zhouqu mudslide: Zhouqu county, in China’s north-western province of Gansu, was once known for its forests, rich water resources,...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 30, 2010
ABC News (Australia) interviews Guardian correspondent Jonathan Watts on his new book, When a Billion Chinese Jump, which explores the relationship between China’s economic growth and its massive ecological...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 20, 2010
A satellite image shows high water levels in the Three Gorges Dam, by Digital Globe
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal