In Tibet, the Party is pushing a political education campaign to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the region’s annexation. This latest campaign comes amid a widespread “Sinicization” effort that critics claim has severely...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 25, 2018
In an interview with Himal Southasian, University of British Columbia historian Tsering Shakya...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods