Following the United States’ deployment of an antimissile system in South Korea—which began...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 22, 2016
President-elect Donald Trump followed up on a key campaign talking point on Monday by announcing...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 12, 2016
After U.S. trade officials added Chinese internet censorship to an official list of trade barriers...
by Kate Zhao | Oct 12, 2007
From BBC News: The US is seeking a World Trade Organization (WTO) probe over whether Chinese rules over imports of copyrighted US goods break trade rules. According to the US, Chinese barriers to imports of legal US films, books and music have prompted a surge in fakes. The US is asking the WTO to set […]
by Sophie Beach | Apr 1, 2005
From AP, via washingtonpost.com: House Democrats, citing the rising U.S. trade deficit, urged President Bush on Thursday to take action against China, Japan, the European Union and six other countries accused of unfair trade practices… The administration, they said, should pursue cases against: -China for currency manipulation and intellectual property rights violations that hurt the […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo