Following the United States’ deployment of an antimissile system in South Korea—which began...
Nov 22, 2016
President-elect Donald Trump followed up on a key campaign talking point on Monday by announcing...
Apr 12, 2016
After U.S. trade officials added Chinese internet censorship to an official list of trade barriers...
Jan 21, 2014
Reuters reports that China is criticizing the United States for passing a spending bill that...
Feb 3, 2013
Colombian authorities have stepped in to protect weavers of painstakingly hand-crafted traditional cane sombreros from mass-produced Chinese imports costing a fraction of the price. From The Economist’s Americas View blog...
Mar 21, 2010
From the Wall Street Journal: A growing number of U.S. companies feel unwelcome in China, according to a new survey by the American Chamber of Commerce in China, as measures aimed at squeezing foreign technology companies out of...
Oct 12, 2007
From BBC News: The US is seeking a World Trade Organization (WTO) probe over whether Chinese rules over imports of copyrighted US goods break trade rules. According to the US, Chinese barriers to imports of legal US films, books and music have prompted a surge in fakes. The US is asking the WTO to set […]
Apr 1, 2005
From AP, via washingtonpost.com: House Democrats, citing the rising U.S. trade deficit, urged President Bush on Thursday to take action against China, Japan, the European Union and six other countries accused of unfair trade practices… The administration, they said, should pursue cases against: -China for currency manipulation and intellectual property rights violations that hurt the […]
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends