China’s Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) published new rules this weekend that would allow it to prohibit companies’ compliance with foreign laws that stop them from trading with China. The rules were an apparent...
by Grace | Oct 8, 2019
The Trump administration is adding 28 Chinese entities including top AI companies and state...
by cschultz | Feb 10, 2010
From the Guardian: The US was today spearheading a diplomatic campaign to overcome Chinese opposition to further sanctions aimed at Iran and its Revolutionary Guards in a renewed push following Tehran’s decision to...
by Kate Zhao | Jun 5, 2007
From Financial Times: China’s attraction as a fast-growing market for luxury goods needs to be counterbalanced by its lack of suitable distribution channels and various economic and political threats, say industry experts at a luxury goods conference on Monday. Stephen Roach, chief economist at Morgan Stanley , said one of the largest threats to the […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods