China’s Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) published new rules this weekend that would allow it to prohibit companies’ compliance with foreign laws that stop them from trading with China. The rules were an apparent...
by Cindy | Oct 8, 2019
The Trump administration is adding 28 Chinese entities including top AI companies and state...
by cschultz | Feb 10, 2010
From the Guardian: The US was today spearheading a diplomatic campaign to overcome Chinese opposition to further sanctions aimed at Iran and its Revolutionary Guards in a renewed push following Tehran’s decision to...
by Kate Zhao | Jun 5, 2007
From Financial Times: China’s attraction as a fast-growing market for luxury goods needs to be counterbalanced by its lack of suitable distribution channels and various economic and political threats, say industry experts at a luxury goods conference on Monday. Stephen Roach, chief economist at Morgan Stanley , said one of the largest threats to the […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo