The question of whether authors should accept censorship in exchange for publication within China...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 26, 2011
Han Dongfang, the worker turned labor activist who led worker protests at Tiananmen Square in 1989, has changed his view of the official union, the All-China Federation of Trade Unions, which he has long opposed. He writes in an...
by Claire Kells | Jun 26, 2008
China Labor News Translations released this report: The trade unions in Chinese Wal-Mart stores are often dismissed as hollow shells set up by the All China Federation of Trade Unions (ACFTU) without workers’ involvement. But...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms