The question of whether authors should accept censorship in exchange for publication within China...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 26, 2011
Han Dongfang, the worker turned labor activist who led worker protests at Tiananmen Square in 1989, has changed his view of the official union, the All-China Federation of Trade Unions, which he has long opposed. He writes in an...
by Claire Kells | Jun 26, 2008
China Labor News Translations released this report: The trade unions in Chinese Wal-Mart stores are often dismissed as hollow shells set up by the All China Federation of Trade Unions (ACFTU) without workers’ involvement. But...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo