This week’s Economist looks at the global growth of facial recognition technology, of which...
by Melissa M. Chan | Dec 30, 2012
After a bus crash that left 11 schoolchildren dead in Jiangxi, another accident involving an overloaded minibus killed ten people, five of whom were children, from The South China Morning Post: At least 10 people, including five...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 15, 2012
China Real Time Report has posted a survivor’s account of the October 1st Hong Kong ferry disaster, in which 39 people died. Ms. Cheng and her husband, Mr. Lui, 43, an employee at Hongkong Electric Co. for more than 10...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 29, 2011
Chinese netizens expressed sadness and anger when a school bus in rural Gansu crashed, killing 20 people aboard including 18 children. The bus had nine seats but was carrying 64 people. Since then, the head of the school...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China