According to Canadian officials, Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig, the two Canadians detained in China on suspicion of espionage, will be tried in China starting this week. The news of the trial, which comes over two years...
by John Chan | Feb 10, 2021
Since the Hong Kong National Security Law (NSL) was enacted a little over seven months ago, 97 people have been arrested under the law, and eight have been charged. For Hong Kong’s judiciary, the challenge at hand now is...
by Cindy | Jan 14, 2019
The Dalian Intermediate People’s Court in Liaoning province sentenced Canadian Robert Lloyd...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 13, 2015
Reuters’ Megha Rajagopalan and Ben Blanchard report that former security chief Zhou Yongkang...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms