Since the Hong Kong National Security Law (NSL) was enacted a little over seven months ago, 97 people have been arrested under the law, and eight have been charged. For Hong Kong’s judiciary, the challenge at hand now is...
by Cindy | Jan 14, 2019
The Dalian Intermediate People’s Court in Liaoning province sentenced Canadian Robert Lloyd...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 13, 2015
Reuters’ Megha Rajagopalan and Ben Blanchard report that former security chief Zhou Yongkang...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”