In 2017, experts began to warn that controversial DNA collection campaigns resembling ones targeting ethnic minorities in sensitive regions like Xinjiang and Tibet could be expected nationwide as Beijing expanded its use of...
by Scott Greene | Nov 11, 2011
China has struck an agreement with Chicago-based Exelon Group in which instructors will provide consulting and training services to an arm of state-owned China National Nuclear Corp., providing the Chinese with an opportunity to...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 22, 2005
From the Los Angeles Times (free registration required): Flush with cash and a strong desire to expand their global reach, Chinese companies have stepped up their shopping spree to acquire U.S. assets, highlighted Tuesday by reports of a possible bid for Unocal Corp. and an offer for Maytag Corp. Mainland Chinese investments in the United […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods