In 2017, experts began to warn that controversial DNA collection campaigns resembling ones targeting ethnic minorities in sensitive regions like Xinjiang and Tibet could be expected nationwide as Beijing expanded its use of...
by Scott Greene | Nov 11, 2011
China has struck an agreement with Chicago-based Exelon Group in which instructors will provide consulting and training services to an arm of state-owned China National Nuclear Corp., providing the Chinese with an opportunity to...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 22, 2005
From the Los Angeles Times (free registration required): Flush with cash and a strong desire to expand their global reach, Chinese companies have stepped up their shopping spree to acquire U.S. assets, highlighted Tuesday by reports of a possible bid for Unocal Corp. and an offer for Maytag Corp. Mainland Chinese investments in the United […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms