At China Real Time, Chuin-Wei Yap notes trending tributes on Sina Weibo to rock musician Lou Reed,...
by Liu Yong | Jan 9, 2010
From Christian Science Monitor: Czech dissident playwright-president Vaclav Havel, a principal author of East Europe’s Charter 77, rang the door bell at the Chinese Embassy in Prague this week to support another charter author,...
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 13, 2009
From the aktualne.centrum.cz: Every year, People in Need gives the Homo Homini awards to people who have made an important contribution to promoting human rights, democracy and non-violent resolution of political conflicts. This...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 19, 2008
Václav Havel, former dissident turned president of the Czech Republic, has written an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal, calling on the international community to support signatories to Charter 08, especially the imprisoned...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China