Since a Chinese firm last year won the concession to build, design, and oversee a $40 billion...
by Melissa M. Chan | Oct 23, 2012
Bloomberg reports China is banning foreign vessels from sailing on its domestic waterways, which are among the busiest in the world. Amid the economic slowdown, the shipping industry was hit by a contraction in trade: Overseas...
by Wang Jun | Feb 21, 2005
From Turkish Weekly: At a national maritime awards meeting in the Great Hall of the People in Beijing on 20 December 2004, Vice Premier Zeng Peiyan emphasized the importance of marine development, regulation of China’s maritime territory, protection of marine ecology, and rapid development of the marine economy. The Vice Premier was acknowledging the fact […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods