The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
World of Warcraft
by Anne Henochowicz | May 7, 2014
岂能因声音微小而不呐喊？ (Qǐnéng yīn shēngyīn wēixiǎo ér bù nàhǎn?): How can we not speak out just because our...
by Xiao Qiang | Jan 26, 2010
DigiCha has posted links to YouTube videos, now with English subtitles, mocking government efforts to crackdown on gaming (Videos embedded below). DigiCha points out that episode 6 (of 7) has the most obvious discussion of...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 3, 2009
Reuters reports on a growing tiff between the Ministry of Culture and the General Administration for Press and Publications (GAPP) over regulation of the online game World of Warcraft: The rare public turf war between the two...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions