The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
World of Warcraft
by Anne Henochowicz | May 7, 2014
岂能因声音微小而不呐喊？ (Qǐnéng yīn shēngyīn wēixiǎo ér bù nàhǎn?): How can we not speak out just because our...
by Xiao Qiang | Jan 26, 2010
DigiCha has posted links to YouTube videos, now with English subtitles, mocking government efforts to crackdown on gaming (Videos embedded below). DigiCha points out that episode 6 (of 7) has the most obvious discussion of...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 3, 2009
Reuters reports on a growing tiff between the Ministry of Culture and the General Administration for Press and Publications (GAPP) over regulation of the online game World of Warcraft: The rare public turf war between the two...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”