Guangzhou hosted 800 legal professionals from 57 countries at the Global Lawyers Forum this week. The event partly coincided with International Human Rights Day on Tuesday, which the E.U. delegation to China marked by...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 10, 2018
Monday was the third anniversary of the beginning of the "709" or "Black Friday...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 27, 2017
In a lengthy piece in The New York Times Magazine, Alex W. Palmer profiles members of the...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 29, 2016
Last week, rights lawyer Jiang Tianyong went missing after traveling to Changsha to assist the...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 11, 2016
Six months after the “Black Friday” crackdown in which more than 200 Chinese rights...
by dwang | Jun 20, 2009
Chinese lawyer Xie Yanyi’s request to the Ministry of Justice that information about China’s reeducation-through-labor system be made available to the public has been denied. The Dui Hua Human Rights Journal has...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods