An Urumqi court passed an unexpectedly heavy sentence of life imprisonment for separatism on...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 22, 2014
With a verdict against Uyghur scholar Ilham Tohti expected on Tuesday following his trial for...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”