An Urumqi court passed an unexpectedly heavy sentence of life imprisonment for separatism on...
Sep 22, 2014
With a verdict against Uyghur scholar Ilham Tohti expected on Tuesday following his trial for...
Aug 8, 2014
The security crackdown in Xinjiang announced in May has done little to quell violence in the...
Mar 17, 2014
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos