With an official investigation into 21st Century Business Herald, and the detention of its...
Nov 7, 2013
On Monday, South China Morning Post’s Patrick Boehler reported that bottled water company...
Nov 2, 2012
In a translation posted at chinadialogue, Southern People Weekly’s Hai Pengfei reflects on last month’s trial of environmentalist Liu Futang for illegal publishing. Liu, a former official, had written and distributed...
Jan 10, 2010
China Media Project points us toward a feature in Straits Times about China’s trailblazing investigative reporters, including Wang Keqin and Zhan Jiang. Portions of the article are available on Lexus-Nexus: While China is...
Apr 5, 2007
Professor Zhan Jiang (Â±ïÊ±ü), the dean of Department of Journalism and Communication at the Chinese Youth Politics College, is a long time media reform advocate in China. He wrote following essay on Southern Metropolis Daily; translated by EastSouthWestNorth: On April 3, China Youth Daily reported that the Chongqing municipal government/party has required that Chongqing Daily […]
CDT in the News
- RFA – Chinese censors delete news report probing return of COVID tracking
- China Brief – Much Cause But Little Recourse For Popular Discontent
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Young people living in and outside China fight to keep spirit of ‘white paper’ protests alive
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction