On December 11, Bloomberg News announced that Haze Fan, a Chinese news assistant, was arrested by plainclothes officers in Beijing and charged with national security crimes. She appears to be the first news assistant to face...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 10, 2015
Chinese Human Rights Defenders reports that at least 57 rights lawyers, law firm staff, and...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 20, 2015
At The Atlantic, Matt Schiavenza describes the valuable work of foreign media organizations’...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 16, 2015
Asia Society’s Eric Fish talks to five current and former news assistants for foreign media...
by Cindy | Oct 16, 2014
Chinese employees of foreign media organizations are growing increasingly concerned about their...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo