Wuhan Central Hospital ophthalmologist Dr. Li Wenliang was punished for warning about a mysterious “SARS-like virus” before the Wuhan government or Beijing had acknowledged an emerging viral epidemic. Days later, while working...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jan 30, 2012
Update: The Liu Yong poem Zhou quotes is in Middle Chinese, not Mandarin. However, the pinyin transcription is in Modern Standard Mandarin. Zhou Yunpeng, the blind folk rocker from the northeastern city of Shenyang, serves up...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods