Wuhan Central Hospital ophthalmologist Dr. Li Wenliang was punished for warning about a mysterious “SARS-like virus” before the Wuhan government or Beijing had acknowledged an emerging viral epidemic. Days later, while working...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jan 30, 2012
Update: The Liu Yong poem Zhou quotes is in Middle Chinese, not Mandarin. However, the pinyin transcription is in Modern Standard Mandarin. Zhou Yunpeng, the blind folk rocker from the northeastern city of Shenyang, serves up...
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal