AFP reports quiet in Qidong amid a heavy police presence following Saturday’s violent protests against a planned pipeline. “People don’t dare to go out in the streets today,” said a local resident, who...
Jun 28, 2012
Cartoonist Rebel Pepper posted this reinvention of the Chinese national emblem on his Tencent...
Jun 27, 2012
As of June 27, the following search terms are blocked on Weibo (not including the “search for...
Jun 26, 2012
Caijing reports: On June 26 before dawn, hundreds of riot police clashed with the villagers in...
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos