March 5, 2014 3:49 PM
ethnic conflict ethnic discrimination ethnic minority go west policy hui Ilham Tohti Imperialism Inner Mongolia Inner Mongolia protests Japan kashgar minorities muslims protests qinghai earthquake 2010 Rebiya Kadeer riots shaoguan social unrest terrorism Tibet Tibetans Urumqi Urumqi protests 2009 Uyghurs violence World Uyghur Congress Xinjiang Xinjiang protests 2009 Xinjiang violence
March 4, 2014 2:13 PM
After the violent attack on the Kunming Railway Station last weekend, China’s state media warned that “the eastward expansion
After Uyghur scholar Ilham Tohti was formally charged with “separatism” after more than a month in detention, Al Jazeera reports
March 4, 2014 4:14 PM
Chris Buckley reports for The New York Times on the differing accounts of the recent violence in Xinjiang which left 11 people dead in the county
February 18, 2014 5:46 PM
- Are Ethnic Tensions on the Rise in China?
- Uyghur Scholar Seized by Police, Says Website
- Inside China’s Troubled Far West
- 9 Killed After Attacking Selibuya Police Stat...
- Uyghurs Face Discrimination and Suspicion
- In Xinjiang, Authorities Place State Above Re...
- Unrest In Xinjiang Incites Military Crackdown
- Uyghur Leader Urges “Better Ethnic Poli...
- China, Japan Fallout Over Uighurs
- Shandong Village Rocked by Ethnic Clashes
- Han, Tibetan Students Clash
- Han Student Describes Violence Against Tibeta...
- China Says 18 Killed in Xinjiang Attack
- Ethnic Music Tests Limits in China
- Ethnic Protests in China Have Lengthy Roots
- Man Gets Death in China Case Sparking Mongol ...
- Global Times: Putting Mongolian Protests into...
- China Tightens Grip on Inner Mongolia Before ...