March 17, 2014 11:16 AM
censorship East Turkestan ethnic conflict ethnic discrimination ethnic minority ethnic tensions foreign correspondents go west policy historical record history Hotan Howard French hui human rights activists human rights conditions Ilham Tohti Imperialism India Inner Mongolia Inner Mongolia protests Internet censorship Internet controversy islam Japan kashgar knife attacks kunming attack 2014 Lhasa unrest minorities muslims protests qinghai earthquake 2010 Rebiya Kadeer riots shaoguan social unrest students terrorism Tibet Tibetans Tibet development Tibet protests Urumqi Urumqi protests 2009 Uyghurs violence World Uyghur Congress Xinjiang Xinjiang protests 2009 Xinjiang violence
March 4, 2014 2:13 PM
In the wake of a deadly attack by knife-wielding assailants in the Kunming train station, and amid growing tensions between Uyghur Muslims and
As of March 12, the following search terms were blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search for user” function). Kunming train
March 12, 2014 9:57 AM
After the violent attack on the Kunming Railway Station last weekend, China’s state media warned that “the eastward expansion
March 5, 2014 3:49 PM
- Jailed Uyghur Scholar Ilham Tohti Barred From...
- Uyghur Advocates Speak Out After Deadly Incid...
- Are Ethnic Tensions on the Rise in China?
- Uyghur Scholar Seized by Police, Says Website
- Inside China’s Troubled Far West
- 9 Killed After Attacking Selibuya Police Stat...
- Uyghurs Face Discrimination and Suspicion
- In Xinjiang, Authorities Place State Above Re...
- Unrest In Xinjiang Incites Military Crackdown
- Uyghur Leader Urges “Better Ethnic Poli...
- China, Japan Fallout Over Uighurs
- Shandong Village Rocked by Ethnic Clashes
- Han, Tibetan Students Clash
- Han Student Describes Violence Against Tibeta...
- China Says 18 Killed in Xinjiang Attack
- Ethnic Music Tests Limits in China
- Ethnic Protests in China Have Lengthy Roots
- Man Gets Death in China Case Sparking Mongol ...