April 10, 2014 8:59 PM
1949 60 years Ang Lee art censorship celebrities censorship Chen Kaige Confucius copyright directors Disney documentaries Feng Xiaogang film film censorship film industry filming foreign movies Gong Li history hollywood homosexuality Hong Kong intellectual property rights Jackie Chan Jet Li Jia Zhangke John Woo Ken Takakura kung fu Lou Ye Lu Chuan movie directors movie industry movie reviews movies Nanjing Massacre nationalism Ning Ying piracy propaganda SARFT Shanghai The Founding of a Republic videos women wong kar-wai World War II Xu Jinglei Zhang Yimou Zhang Ziyi
There was no Best Picture winner at this year’s China Film Directors’ Guild Awards, a move “some insiders” interpret
China Real Time’s Lilian Lin reports that China’s state film regulator is going to delegate movie censorship to local bureaus. However,
March 17, 2014 9:02 PM
At Asia Society Jonathan Landreth explains how China prevented Jia Zhangke’s A Touch of Sin from making it to the Oscars despite its popularity
March 2, 2014 6:41 PM
- Jia Zhangke on “A Touch of Sin”
- Jia Zhangke: China Must End Silence on Injust...
- Chongqing Mayor Urges Judges to Study Hollywo...
- ‘Cloud Atlas’ Lands in China, 35 ...
- China’s ‘Beijing Blues’ Win...
- James Cameron Sees China in 3-D
- Chinese Group to Acquire AMC
- AMC in Talks with Chinese Film Group
- Waiting for Harry, Chinese Filmgoers Get Patr...
- Video: Feng Xiaogang’s Aftershock
- Men Won’t Cry – Traces of a Repressive Past
- Danwei: Interview with Zhao Dayong
- ’2012′ Sets Box Office Record in ...
- Video: Made in China
- China: The Founding of a Republic
- Video: “Confucius” Trailer
- Film on Confucius Resurfacing
- China’s Birthday Movie has Many Seeing ...