March 7, 2014 12:10 PM
AIDS activism anti-vulgarity campaign Beijing book reviews CCTV counterfeit goods counterfeiting custody and education dongguan Dongguan prostitution bust economic growth fake goods foreign correspondents gang rape gay rights gender gender imbalance Guangzhou HIV/AIDS homosexuality illegal detentions legal reform li tianyi Li Yinhe middle class Netizen Voices press freedom proph prostitution public health re-education through labor religious freedom sex sex education sex industry sexuality sexually transmitted diseases sex workers sina weibo state media taoism traditional culture videos weibo women's health women's rights women labor women workers Ye Haiyan
Edward Wong at the New York Times looks at how the crackdown on the sex trade in Dongguan, Guangdong Province has impacted the local economy: “In
After CCTV’s recent exposé on prostitution in Dongguan, a city long notorious for its thriving sex trade, 67 (of the city’s
February 12, 2014 10:28 PM
After Beijing announced its decision to reform the re-education through labor system (RTL)—a controversial form of extra-judicial detention
December 19, 2013 4:13 PM
- A Place Where Capitalism and Hedonism Meet
- Li Tianyi Rape Case Verdict May Help Women
- China’s Counterfeit Condoms
- A Look at “Behind the Red Door: Sex in ...
- China’s Singular Sexual Revolution
- “10-Yuan Brothels” and Sex-Worker...
- Police Detain China Activist for Sex Worker R...
- Variety Stores
- China Censorship Primer: Just Say “No” to Fem...
- Video: Naked China
- China’s Male Prostitutes
- China sex experts draw the line at wife-swapp...
- Jonathan Watts: Sex is China’s latest b...