March 3, 2014 7:20 PM
CCP 5th generation civil society corruption da'an dangxi democracy dongguan elections grassroots democracy Guangdong infrastructure Inner Mongolia Jackie Chan land grabs leadership transition Lin Zuluan local politics mass incidents online public opinion political reform protests Taishi villagers Wang Y ang Wang Yang wealth gap Wukan Xue Jianwan Xue Jinbo Zhejiang
September 20, 2012 11:53 PM
Following a gradual erosion of faith in Wukan’s democratic experiment, South China Morning Post’s Echo Hui reports that former
Al Jazeera English premiers a four-part documentary series, Wukan: After the Uprising, taking an in-depth look at the village’s experience
July 6, 2013 12:07 AM
Police have set up a blockade around the Guangdong village of Shangpu, just 100 kilometers away from Wukan, after residents clashed with thugs
March 4, 2013 6:56 AM
- Democracy Fails to Thrive in Wukan
- Can Wukan Maintain Relevance?
- Grassroots Democracy Challenges New Leaders
- “Honeymoon is Over” in Wukan
- One Year Later, Wukan Faces Same Challenges
- Chinese Democracy Has its Benefits
- After Voting, Can Wukan Claim Victory?
- All Eyes on Wukan as Polls Open (Updated)
- Election Fever in Wukan as Vote Nears
- Wukan Tests Democracy With Historic Vote
- Wukan’s Sensitive Legacy
- Limited Choice in China's Village Ballot...
- Victory in Miniature
- China Draft Rules Allow Villagers To Impeach ...
- China on the Move: Villagers’ Election
- More and More, Rural China Is Going to the Po...
- Law Aims To Ensure Fair Grassroots Elections
- Taste Of Democracy In The Course Of Village L...