Welcome to the new China Digital Times. CDT was launched in 2003, and since then has been aggregating and highlighting China news on a daily basis. Now when you visit CDT, you will see a variety of changes:
– The front page ranks content to put stories selected by our editors up top while providing a more in-depth look at each Category down below
– Category pages now serve as mini-publications for individual topics of interest. Each Category page features:
- A slideshow of category-specific images featuring some of the best Creative Commons-licensed China photography available
- A tag cloud specific to that category
- Featured Tags on the sidebar which highlight yet more in-depth content.
- Each CDT Category and Tag can be followed as its own RSS feed, so you can pick and choose the CDT content you want to read every day.
– An upgraded search tool so readers can now find the most relevant results right away
– Simpler and easier to navigate interface
– Easier access to our eight years of collected news posts, multimedia content and translations
We have recently expanded our team and now have a group of talented contributors writing in from Vancouver, Hong Kong, Phnom Penh, Washington, DC, Beijing, and elsewhere around the globe. We are continually striving to improve the quality and relevance of our content in an effort to put breaking China news in context. We will be implementing additional changes in the next few weeks and will be tweaking and fixing the new design as necessary.
Our Chinese site will also be adopting this new design shortly. CDT Chinese was launched in 2010, and currently aggregates more than 100 posts a day from Chinese cyberspace, focusing especially on that which is blocked, deleted or suppressed by state censors.
Thank you for your support of CDT over the past eight years. Let us know what you think of our new look; we welcome your feedback and suggestions at any time. And please join us on our various social networks to continue the discussion.