In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet Instructions” series to the Censorship Vault. These directives were originally published on Canyu.org (Participate) and date from 2005 to 2007. According to Canyu, the directives were issued by the Beijing Municipal Network Propaganda Management Office and the State Council Internet management departments and provided to to Canyu by insiders. China Copyright and Media has not verified the source.
26 January 2006
(1) On the basis of the opinions of relevant departments and localities, concerning the matter of Golden Trust Credit ceasing business for rectification, networks are only to use Xinhua or People’s Daily copy, do not use information from other sources, do not set up special subjects, close news tracker, do not organize online discussion. Management over forums, news trackers and other interactive columns must be strengthened.
(2) If the text “Yuan Weishi: Modernization and Historical Textbooks” appears, please delete it immediately!
26 January 2006
Concerning the matter of the China Youth Daily Freezing Point Magazine ceasing business for rectification, this is not to be reported without exception, forums are not to discuss it, if discovering this sort of information, delete it immediately.
24 January 2006
Everyone, no special subjects may be made without exception concerning “Hanxin,” promptly make “Hanxin” into a keyword, relevant false reports are to be deleted without exception, please act quickly.
23 January 2006
Recently, tendencies of so-called “Activities of Soliciting Articles to Commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the Cultural Revolution” have appeared on a number of websites, some seized the opportunity to disseminate harmful information. Realistic attention must be paid to this, strengthen management, firmly block and delete harmful information.
(1) Grasp online public opinion strictly according to the spirit of the Center. Websites may not report or reprint the so-called “Activities of Soliciting Articles to Commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the Cultural Revolution,” must firmly block and delete harmful discussion of using the so-called “commemoration of the Cultural Revolution” to attack the Party and the government, guidance must be strengthened over untrue discussion.
(2) All localities must conduct examination of websites in their localities, and timely deal with problems they discover.
(3) All localities must strengthen analysis and discussion concerning online public sentiment, and timely report important trends to our bureau.
18 January 2006
Relevant sides have reflected that the “Public Times” article “Weinan, Shaanxi, Reduces Migration Scale without Authorization, 100 Million in Funds Go Missing” of 17 January is gravely inaccurate, websites are requested to not transmit it, where it is already transmitted, please delete it. – Fan Tao, Municipal Network Propaganda Office.
Fan Tao: Beijing Municipal Network Management Office Network News Management Department Vice-Director
17 January 2006
Websites are requested to not publish the report “Beijing No Longer to Be Economic Center, Changing Its Development Encumbers Neighboring Provinces and Municipalities” sourced in the “China Industry and Commerce Times,” and delete it where it is already published. Please indicate the name of the website in response after receiving this, thank you!
17 January 2006
All websites are requested to not place “AIDS Patients Infected through Blood Transfusion in Bei’an Farm, Heilongjiang Farm to Be Compensated 30 Million” on the website front page and in the important news section of the news center.
16 January 2006
Concerning the matter of the Zhejiang Development and Reform Commission Director Shi Jiuwu jumping off a building and dying, without permission, websites may not report this without authorization. Management must be strengthened, and corresponding information timely blocked and deleted.
有关方面反映， 1月17日《公益时报》”陕西渭南擅自压缩移民规模 一亿资金失踪”一文严重失实，请网站不要转载，已转的请删除。—-市网宣办范涛
范 涛 北京市网络管理办公室网络新闻管理处副处长
来源于《中华工商时报》的报道《北京不再做经济中心 改变自身发展拖累周边省市》，请各网站不要刊 登、已经刊登请删除。收到后请注明网站名回复，谢谢！