Censorship Vault: Beijing Internet Instructions Series (30)
In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet Instructions” series to the Censorship Vault. These directives were originally published on Canyu.org (Participate) and date from 2005 to 2007. According to Canyu, the directives were issued by the Beijing Municipal Network Propaganda Management Office and the State Council Internet management departments and provided to to Canyu by insiders. China Copyright and Media has not verified the source.
20 September 2006, 10:32, Chai Yue
All websites, interactive segments are requested not to set up discussion themes on the coup in Thailand, tidy up existing themes.
20 September 2006, 17:08, Chai Yue
21 September 2006, 10:49, Municipal Network Management Office
(1) In recent days, posts on “Shanghai Anchorperson’s Divorce History” circulated online, all websites are requested to earnestly clean this up, timely delete this post and posts with similar content.
(2) On the Thailand military coup and follow-up reporting, only transmit reporting of facts and articles with objective circumstances, do not make comments. Online reports must clearly indicate the source of the information, it is strictly prohibited to gather news by oneself, it is strictly prohibited to directly edit or translate foreign media information, it is strictly prohibited to post foreign media information on forums and blogs.
22 September 2006, 8:10, Chai Yue
All websites, please immediately delete the article “Female University Student Confessions: My Affair with ‘Three-Treasure Minister’ Zhang Zonghai.”
25 September 2006, 13:17, Yang Le
All websites, concerning the matter of Chen Liangyu being removed from office, only transmit Xinhua and People’s Daily Net copy; it may be placed in the second or third position of the important news section, do not make it into a large header; do not make special subjects; do not open trackers.
25 September 2006, 13:34, Yang Le
Trackers may be opened on the matter of Chen Liangyu, and it may be discussed in forums, but:
(1) It is not permitted to attack the Party or the government;
(2) It is not permitted to wildly guess at reasons, or guess without limit;
(3) It is not permitted to sow discord or contradiction between the Central government and local governments;
(4) It is not permitted to sow discord and contradictions between Central leaders,
(5) It is not permitted to sow discord and contradictions between Central leaders and past Central leaders;
(6) It is not permitted to sow discord and contradictions between Central leaders and local leaders.
25 September 2006, 15:37, Yang Le
All websites: Please immediately remove the photo of Chen Liangyu from the news content page.
25 September 2006, 16:14, Yang Le
All websites: When transmitting information about Chen Liangyu being removed from office, please do not link to or transmit the CV of Chen Liangyu. Please process this immediately. Delete his photo.
26 September 2006, 14:09, Yang Le
28 September 2006, 17:07, Yang Le
(1) For reports concerning SK-II, Landai and other Japanese cosmetics, reports from non-standard sources may not be reprinted.
(2) Corresponding reports are not to be put on the main page of websites, are not to be reprinted in the important news section of news centers (channels, columns), forums and blogs are no longer to actively discuss this topic, this sort of articles and posts is not to be recommended on the front page.
(3) No longer produce special subjects or columns on this matter, please push existing special subjects to the back stage, newly reported articles are no longer to link to the original special subject.