Online censorship has again inspired netizens to stage a collective act of digital disobedience. In this case, a young policewoman was sentenced to over a decade in prison after her former “lovers,” a clique of powerful county...
abuse of power
by Josh Rudolph | May 3, 2016
Several local and law enforcement officials in Haikou, Hainan have been punished after a video...
by Grace | Sep 9, 2013
South China Morning Post reports that the five million yuan embezzlement charge against Bo Xilai,...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 24, 2013
Fallen Chongqing Party chief Bo Xilai was formally charged on Thursday, Xinhua reports: The indictment paper was delivered to the Jinan City Intermediate People’s Court on Thursday. Bo, as a civil servant, took the...
by Scott Greene | Sep 30, 2012
After the Friday announcement that former Chongqing party chief Bo Xilai had been expelled from the Communist Party and will face criminal prosecution, The New York Times reports that his youngest son, princeling Bo Guagua,...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 28, 2012
Together with the long-awaited announcement of a start date for the 18th Party Congress, Xinhua revealed on Friday that Bo Xilai has been expelled from the Party and will now face criminal prosecution: Investigations found that...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods