An investigation into Hangzhou’s Party chief by the CCP’s powerful internal anti-corruption watchdog may be tied to Alibaba’s ongoing political woes. Over the weekend, the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 18, 2016
Ling Zhengce, the former vice-chairman of the Shanxi People’s Political Consultative...
by Grace | Mar 23, 2015
On Monday, prosecutors in Hubei charged Wang Yongchun, a former executive at China National...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 8, 2015
On Thursday, Xinhua announced that former Nanjing Party Secretary and CCP Standing Committee...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 14, 2014
The Xi administration’s ongoing drive against Party corruption made its way to the head...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods