Although the Chinese government has long carried out repressive policies against Xinjiang’s...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 2, 2014
After reports on an official campaign encouraging marriage between ethnic Tibetans and Han in the...
by Xiao Qiang | Nov 30, 2006
From IPS: The evening light dances on the glazed pink tiles of the shapely buildings around the ancient Idkah mosque and in the enfolding dusk the site evokes tales from the ‘One thousand and one nights’. But the illusion is fleeting — none of the buildings in this spot, except for the revered mosque, is […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms