Although the Chinese government has long carried out repressive policies against Xinjiang’s...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 2, 2014
After reports on an official campaign encouraging marriage between ethnic Tibetans and Han in the...
by Xiao Qiang | Nov 30, 2006
From IPS: The evening light dances on the glazed pink tiles of the shapely buildings around the ancient Idkah mosque and in the enfolding dusk the site evokes tales from the ‘One thousand and one nights’. But the illusion is fleeting — none of the buildings in this spot, except for the revered mosque, is […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods