Beijing has taken elaborate precautions against smog and terrorists ahead of its imminent APEC...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 30, 2014
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Melissa M. Chan | Nov 13, 2012
As China attempts to build its own jet engine for military and commercial use, China has unveiled new orders for its passenger jet at the country’s main airshow in Zhuhai, from Reuters: The C919 is designed to challenge Airbus...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 26, 2012
China Real Time blog interviews James Fallows about his new book China Airborne and about the aviation industry in China: You highlight the dramatic improvement of China’s airlines as one area of particular success. Are there...
by Paulina Hartono | Jan 6, 2008
From The International Herald Tribune: China plans to open a new commercial aviation route through the Taiwan Strait in a move that officials in Taipei said was a threat to regional peace and a danger to air safety. The new route between Hong Kong and Shanghai would track just inside the Chinese side of the […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms