Chinese rights lawyer Wang Quanzhang has been named among the ten shortlisted nominees for the...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 6, 2016
The low-budget 2015 speculative fiction film “Ten Years” (十年) tells five stories set...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 1, 2016
China has protested the U.S.-based Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation’s recognition of...
by Josh Rudolph | May 30, 2013
Chinese filmmaker Jia Zhangke’s new film, A Touch of Sin (天注定) screened at the Cannes Film Festival earlier this month. While it lost the festival’s top prize to French-Tunisian director Abdellatif...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 15, 2011
The Guardian’s Jonathan Watts reveals the results of the second China Environmental Press Awards: Yang Chuanmin of Southern Metropolitan Daily won the in-depth investigation award for the second year in a row, firmly...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 11, 2007
China Digital Times has been nominated for an Innovation Fund Award on Netsquared. The finalists will be determined by number of votes from Netsquared members. Please support CDT by following this link, registering on NetSquared (which is quick and free) and voting for us and four other innovative projects. Votes will be accepted April 9th […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”