According to a state media report, China plans to construct two railway lines in Tibet that will...
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 29, 2008
From AP: China rebounded quickly from its deadliest train accident in a decade, announcing that speeding was to blame for the collision that killed at least 70 people and reopening the railway after little more than a day....
by Kate Zhao | Dec 3, 2007
From BBC News: Shares in China’s state-owned railway builder made a strong debut in Shanghai – calming fears after weak debuts by other Chinese companies. China Railway stocks surged 68.54% after a flotation which raised about 22.4bn yuan (¬£1.5bn) for the firm. There had been some worries about its debut after the truck maker Sinotruk’s […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China