Editor’s Note: As we enter 2022, CDT has compiled a special series of features for our readers, offering a look back at the people, events, controversies, memes and sensitive words that defined the past year. Some of this...
by Joseph Brouwer | Dec 14, 2021
A United States-led democracy summit elicited a ferocious Chinese propaganda campaign aimed in part at redefining democracy in the Party’s own terms. The U.S.’ virtual Summit for Democracy, “part pep rally and part policy...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 24, 2012
The Aspen Institute has posted the full video of a debate from its Ideas Festival, which ran from June 27th and July 3rd. The discussion pitched venture capitalist Eric X. Li against professor of government Minxin Pei on the...
by victoriawu | May 24, 2011
China has a burgeoning middle class with growing purchasing power. Political power and influence is still out of reach, though, for the Chinese middle class. For many middle-class Chinese, being wealthy and being politically...
by Xiao Qiang | Nov 27, 2008
Chinese Democracy is the sixth studio album by American rock band Guns N’ Roses. It was released on November 23, 2008, worldwide and in the United Kingdom on November 24, 2008. CDT had a previous post on this story here....
by Jenny Leung | Nov 25, 2008
Guns N’ Roses long-awaited new album, titled “Chinese Democracy” is banned in China, and falls in line with other foreign artists that have come up against the CCP’s censorship. David Flumenbaum from the...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism