Amid a renewed domestic interest in Buddhism, sacred Chinese Buddhist sites have in recent years...
Dec 12, 2012
With the apocalypse now less than ten days away, China has been joining in the global festival of panic, resignation and denial at the imminent extinction of humanity. At China Real Time Report, Chao Deng described some Chinese...
Apr 20, 2012
While the fall of Bo Xilai and suppression of leftist revivalism shows a significant dip in Mao’s posthumous political standing, he remains, for some, a potent symbolic alternative to the country’s social and...
Oct 8, 2008
From MIT News: A detailed analysis of powerplants in China by MIT researchers debunks the widespread notion that outmoded energy technology or the utter absence of government regulation is to blame for that country’s...
Apr 14, 2008
As the Central Academy of Fine Arts in Beijing moves away from its previous focus of producing state propaganda art, the school is embracing a more liberal and experimental approach. China is in the midst of a commercial art...
May 14, 2006
From The China Business Review (link): A new survey may help companies capture the hearts, minds, and wallets of Chinese youth. Imagine a population roughly the size of the Netherlands’, made up of a generation of only children. Add the words “newly rich,” “fashion-savvy,” and “young,” and you have just described China’s millions of university […]
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report