At Bloomberg News, Dexter Roberts reports on the poor conditions and low quality of education at...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 27, 2014
According to the PRC Law on National Defense Education, China’s nationwide compulsory...
by Sophia Cao | Mar 31, 2007
From Danwei: News came from Pinghe County in Fujian this week that a junior high school diploma is required for county residents to apply for work permits, driver’s licenses, or marriage certificates. According to the government memo announcing the rules, the aim is to cut down on dropout rates during China’s nine years of compulsory […]
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism