At Bloomberg News, Dexter Roberts reports on the poor conditions and low quality of education at...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 27, 2014
According to the PRC Law on National Defense Education, China’s nationwide compulsory...
by Sophia Cao | Mar 31, 2007
From Danwei: News came from Pinghe County in Fujian this week that a junior high school diploma is required for county residents to apply for work permits, driver’s licenses, or marriage certificates. According to the government memo announcing the rules, the aim is to cut down on dropout rates during China’s nine years of compulsory […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms