An excerpt from journalist and scholar Leta Hong Fincher’s upcoming book Leftover...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 4, 2013
Kim Lee, the American wife of Crazy English founder Li Yang, was awarded a 12 million yuan divorce settlement by a Beijing court on Sunday. Li must pay an additional 100,000 yuan per year for each of their three daughters until...
by Wu Nan | Oct 16, 2007
Shanghaiist has collected reports and videos of Li Yang teaching his Crazy English. If you watch the video by muting the sound, you may think you’re watching a religious gathering with fervent worshipers waving their arms in spiritual communion. If you carefully listen to one class Li taught, you’ll sense something in his speech”nationalism. Li […]
by Xiao Qiang | Sep 17, 2007
From The Global Voices Online: Crazy English is a private education agency in which the founder Li Yang advocates a new method to study English; namely, to shout out antiquated English phrases and seize every chance to approach an English speaker for a conversation, all for sweeping the shyness away. Learners should scream deafening English […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China