Over the weekend, Chinese-Americans across the US gathered to protest the conviction of Peter...
by Grace | Jun 16, 2015
2015 has seen a wave of strikes and protests by Chinese taxi drivers, including one incident in...
by Liu Yong | May 27, 2007
From AP, via The Age: Hundreds of people braved the rain and marched in downtown Hong Kong on Sunday to commemorate the bloody crackdown on the Tiananmen Square democracy protests in Beijing 18 years ago. Demonstrators on this annual march called for the Tiananmen victims to be exonerated, and also condemned a leading pro-Beijing MP […]
by Mo Ming | Jan 3, 2007
From Learning Cantonese Blog: A couple of weeks ago at one of the demonstrations against the Star Ferry demolition, I signed my name and cell phone number to a contact sheet that a student protester handed me on a clipboard. I can’t even remember how many times I’ve signed similar things thrust at me here […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods