Over the weekend, Chinese-Americans across the US gathered to protest the conviction of Peter...
by Cindy | Jun 16, 2015
2015 has seen a wave of strikes and protests by Chinese taxi drivers, including one incident in...
by Liu Yong | May 27, 2007
From AP, via The Age: Hundreds of people braved the rain and marched in downtown Hong Kong on Sunday to commemorate the bloody crackdown on the Tiananmen Square democracy protests in Beijing 18 years ago. Demonstrators on this annual march called for the Tiananmen victims to be exonerated, and also condemned a leading pro-Beijing MP […]
by Mo Ming | Jan 3, 2007
From Learning Cantonese Blog: A couple of weeks ago at one of the demonstrations against the Star Ferry demolition, I signed my name and cell phone number to a contact sheet that a student protester handed me on a clipboard. I can’t even remember how many times I’ve signed similar things thrust at me here […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”