Xi Jinping’s speech on the 40th anniversary of the creation of the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone—the first of China’s market reform policy SEZs—outlined his vision for an increasingly domestically-oriented economy, better able...
by cdtstaff | Jun 12, 2020
About 20 minutes of audio in which a retired Central Party School professor sternly criticizes the state of the Party under Xi Jinping, and declares the current system beyond repair, circulated widely online earlier this month....
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 25, 2017
Wednesday marked the beginning of Xi Jinping’s second term as China’s top leader, and...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 19, 2017
Xi Jinping has now been in charge of the Party and state for five years. While Xi’s presumed...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 3, 2016
At South China Morning Post, Nectar Gan reports a newly published warning from former...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China