Lawyer Jiang Tianyong has disappeared into apparent police custody after being released upon the...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 2, 2017
Following the sweeping “709” crackdown on dozens of rights lawyers and activists in...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 14, 2015
The five feminist activists who were held for five weeks in detention have been released under...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 29, 2014
China’s top prosecutor Cao Jianming recently spoke out against wrongful convictions and the use of...
by Grace | Nov 7, 2013
Despite talks to abolish China’s re-education through labor or laojiao system, Xi...
by Grace | Sep 2, 2013
A recent trend of confessions by foreign and local business executives on state television has...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods