Lawyer Jiang Tianyong has disappeared into apparent police custody after being released upon the...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 2, 2017
Following the sweeping “709” crackdown on dozens of rights lawyers and activists in...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 14, 2015
The five feminist activists who were held for five weeks in detention have been released under...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 29, 2014
China’s top prosecutor Cao Jianming recently spoke out against wrongful convictions and the use of...
by Cindy | Nov 7, 2013
Despite talks to abolish China’s re-education through labor or laojiao system, Xi...
by Cindy | Sep 2, 2013
A recent trend of confessions by foreign and local business executives on state television has...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms