Chinese leader Xi Jinping unexpectedly announced sweeping and potentially transformative, albeit vague, commitments to cut China’s carbon footprint last week. In an address before the United Nation’s General Assembly, Xi said,...
by Cindy | Apr 22, 2017
A recent round of inspection checks by China’s Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) has...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 11, 2014
Just before hosting a joint press conference following APEC meetings in Beijing, Xi Jinping and...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 2, 2013
Bloomberg profiles Cao Jing, an economics professor at Tsinghua University who is advocating for a...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”