China’s economic planners have wrested control over climate policy from bureaucrats in the environmental department, potentially jeopardizing efforts to meet emissions pledges made by Xi Jinping before the United Nation’s...
by Grace | Apr 22, 2017
A recent round of inspection checks by China’s Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) has...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 22, 2016
President-elect Donald Trump followed up on a key campaign talking point on Monday by announcing...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 13, 2015
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Grace | Jun 12, 2015
On Friday, a court in Hunan Province began hearing a landmark pollution lawsuit filed by a group...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 9, 2013
Pollution from coal used for winter heating cuts individual life expectancies in northern China by more than five years relative to those in the south, according to a newly published study. The research comes on top of recent...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods