With the 25th anniversary of the 1989 June 4th crackdown now only a week away, The New York...
by Anne Henochowicz | Nov 22, 2013
Censorship Vault features previously untranslated propaganda instructions from the archives of the...
by Samuel Wade | May 1, 2012
Hu Jia, an activist who was detained for over 24 hours after meeting with the escaped Chen Guangcheng last week, has said that police admitted during his questioning that Chen and his supporters had done nothing wrong in the...
by Anne Henochowicz | Apr 8, 2012
As of April 7, the following search terms are blocked on Weibo (not including the “search for...
by Xiao Qiang | May 27, 2009
During Mother’s Day weekend on May 10th, a number of intellectuals in Beijing organized a seminar discussing 20 years of the democracy movement in China. The seminar started with a moment of silence, paying tribute to the...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions